So, you’ve well-developed, muscular abs, but are now ready to focus on the V-Shaped cut. The V-Shaped cut is delivered by low body fat and dense ligaments, they sit just under your abs and above the hips and pubic line.
To optimise your ab development and achieve a V-Shaped cut stomach. You will need low body fat which is often between 4 and 7 percent.
With focused abs workouts and a structured diet you can obtain the V-Shaped cut you desire. Building abs takes time and perseverance, but if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, you will achieve this V-Shaped Cut faster than you realise.
In order to maximise the definition and development of your v-cut stomach it’s important to train your abs. With doing this, you will create a more stronger and muscular image.
With this Ultimate V-Shaped Cut Abs Workout, you will be able to build, sculpt and achieve your abs in the most effective way.
Related article: Lower Abs Muscle Gain With 10 Exercises
You can strengthen your abs and add definition to your V cut by implementing the following varied routine for lower abs. These exercises will also help reduce pain in the lower back and improve your core and posture.
Perform the routine two days per week with your programme, or as a workout alone.
- Take 15-30 seconds rest in-between sets.
- Take 60 seconds rest in-between exercises.
1. Lying Leg Raises (4 sets x 15 reps)
Perform with smooth and slow movements. You can vary it by holding a weight between the feet.
- Lie with your back flat and your legs extended in front of you.
- Place your hands either under your glutes with your palms down or by your sides.
- Keep your legs extended, straight as possible with your knees slightly bent but locked.
- Raise your legs until they make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Slowly lower your legs back down to the starting position.
2. Hanging Leg Raises (4 sets x 15 reps)
Just like the previous exercise, the movements should be executed slowly. Make sure that your legs are straight. If you find this exercise too easy then add some weights between your feet.
- Hang from a chin-up bar with both arms extended at arms length on top of you using either a wide grip or a medium grip.
- Your legs should be straight down with the pelvis rolled slightly backwards.
- Raise your legs until the torso makes a 90-degree angle with the legs.
- Hold the contraction for couple of seconds.
- Go back slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
3. Reverse Crunches (4 sets x 15 reps)
Take a dumbbell between your feet when confident performing this exercise for some added tension.
- Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso. Your arms should be stationary for the entire exercise.
- Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor.
- Move your legs towards the torso as you roll your pelvis backwards and you raise your hips off the floor.
- At the end of this movement your knees will be touching your chest.
- Hold the contraction for a second and move your legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions
4. Ab V Hold (4 sets x 1 minute hold)
This exercise is very demanding it should be done at the end of your routine. Hold for at least 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Lie flat on the floor on your back with your arms extended straight back behind your head and your legs extended also.
- Bend at the waist while simultaneously raising your legs and arms to meet in a jackknife position.
- The legs should be extended and lifted at approximately a 35-45 degree angle from the floor and the arms should be extended and parallel to your legs.
- The upper torso should be off the floor.
- Lower your arms and legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Developing A Balanced Core
If you want to develop your V cut abs it’s very important to concentrate on your core in addition to the lower abs strength. Make sure that your workout routine includes exercises that target your core muscles.
Here are a selection of exercises that you can include in your routine:
- Target the obliques and central abdominal muscles with side crunches.
- Strengthen your lower back by doing hip bridges.
- Target your thighs, glutes, back and hips by doing lunges.
- Yoga poses improve your overall core strength, flexibility and balance.
Related article: Yoga and Stretching Exercises & Correct Form
Reducing Body Fat:
You don’t even have to follow a strict diet, just have in mind the following principles and the fat will eventually disappear.
- Avoid foods that are rich in sugars or fats.
- Make sure that you consume lean protein.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables that provide you with the required nutrients.
- Reduce the consumption of carbohydrates, but make sure that they are still part of your diet.
Food provides your body with the needed energy so try not to deprive yourself of food, it will cause you to easily feel tired and irritated. You will lack energy for performing the exercises.
One of the greatest things about cardio is that you don’t need any special equipment or financial investment. They are also highly effective when trying to lose weight. Cardio exercises include some of the following:
Running is one of the most effective cardio exercises. The best results in boosting your metabolism can be achieved by alternating between short sprint bursts and rhythmic jogging.
Related article: 40 Tips to Help You Get Leaner
Consume Lots of Water:
Make sure that you drink at least 2 litres of water every day. This ensures that you stay hydrated and helps in flushing the toxins from your body.
Take on Resistance Training
Resistance training exercises (weightlifting or body weight workouts) are helpful for improving your form and ensure a reduction of muscle loss when you’re trying to lose weight. You should not start with high weight exercises immediately. Make sure that you start slowly and prepare your body for when it feels ready to increase weights.